There is no denying that your lifestyle and diet affect your skin. In today’s world, almost everyone is aware of this fact. That explains the humongous amount of time and finances that we invest in our skincare routine, isn’t it? However, the regular usage of such chemical-filled, harsh products also has a negative impact on the skin. That is when Ayurvedic skincare comes to the rescue. But before we move forward, let us understand a bit more about Ayurveda and Ayurvedic skincare.
All about Ayurveda
The ancient and natural system of medicine, Ayurveda, began in India about 3000 years ago. The best part here is that people have kept the tradition alive and still practice it today. The very term ‘Ayurveda’ implies the ‘knowledge of life.’ That is why this practice is used to restore life and balance. The Ayurvedic system is based on the following idea – there are 5 elements that are called the life forces of the human body. Together, these elements make the 3 key doshas. Every person possesses at least one dominant dosha that shapes his or her personality and physical constitution. Whenever there is an imbalance in the doshas, we fall sick. Such imbalance is caused by stress, diet, lifestyle, pollution, exercise, and many other factors. These affect the body’s activities and make us suffer from diseases. Ayurvedic treatments are the best cure during this time. They help restore the life forces in the human body.
According to the 3 doshas, there are 3 types of skin –
- Vata: Cold, dry, and cracked, ages quickly
- Pitta: sensitive, fair, and thin with acne and moles, ages moderately fast
- Kalpa: oily or normal, firm, smooth and clear, ages slowly
There are various Ayurvedic treatments for all types of skin.
For Vata Skin, you need:
- Hydrating products
- Nourishing products
- Warm oil massage
- Anti-aging products
- Natural moisturizers
For Pitta skin, you need:
- Sun protection
- Avoid tanning
- Avoid over-exfoliation
- Avoid steams and hot water
- Facial oil
For Kalpa skin, you need
- Warm oil massage
- Gentle exfoliation
Fruit extracts, herbal extracts, facial oils, and essential oils are a huge part of skin or beauty treatments and Ayurvedic skincare includes all of them. You can try the Safroil Face Massage Oil and Eladhi Skin Care Oil from Spice Basket.
Benefits of Ayurvedic skincare
Almost everyone wants porcelain skin, isn’t it? Good Ayurvedic skincare along with lifestyle practices and healthy diet choices will help you achieve healthy skin. Now, what benefits are you going to achieve through the same? We have the answers below:
- Best choice for sensitive skin: People having sensitive skin are often afraid to use skincare products for obvious reasons. However, they can always go for Ayurvedic products as the latter does not have any side effects on the skin. Instead, Ayurvedic skincare is the best home solution to resolve the issue of sensitive skin.
- Immediate effects: Contrary to what people usually believe, Ayurvedic skincare routines bring faster visible results for everyone. Once you start using them, you can see the results within a short period. And the best part here is that you don’t have to worry about any side effects of these products on your skin.
- No artificial fragrances: Nothing artificial is used when preparing Ayurvedic skincare products, not even a single fragrance. As you may have noticed, they always come with natural fragrances that are mild and easier to tolerate when used on the skin.
- No side effects: That is one of the best benefits of Ayurvedic skincare. As they are sourced from natural ingredients, the question of any side effect is completely nil here.
- Gentle on the skin: Ayurvedic skincare includes the use of natural and organic products. They are not only reliable but also gentle on the human skin. So, you do not have to worry about any harsh ingredients harming your skin when using the same.
- Best option for open pores: Open pores or flaky skin bothering you? Then Ayurvedic skincare is the best solution for you. These products are the best-recommended solutions for extreme skin issues.
- Option for all skin needs: Whether you are looking for an anti-pollution face wash or a pimple clearing face pack, Ayurvedic skincare is the one-stop solution for you. For instance, you can get the Ayurvedic Flower Face Pack from Spice Basket.
- Cost-effective: The best part about Ayurvedic skincare products is that they are budget-friendly and do not burn a hole in your pocket.